Jessica Katz is a trainer, mentor and coach helping people find and nurture their authentic selves. Through Liberated Elephant, Jessica works with individuals and teams to help them dig deep into self-discovery, and with their new knowledge, helps them find the solutions hidden within their subconscious. Her methodology is informed by Agile project management, creating a safe space for clients to be their full selves without judgement.
- Truth Tempered with Compassion
- This principle is built on the awareness that truth is built from perspective and that one’s personal truth may not match another’s truth. I acknowledge that this is the client’s journey, not mine. In so doing, I search to understand and grasp the client’s story in full and to provide my perspectives with compassion and empathy.
- Mindfulness is about remaining self aware and others aware. Taking right action but not trying to “be right”. Being mindful of behavior, thought, and speech. Remaining centered and in service to those I coach.
- Liberate the Elephants
- Elephants in the room have important things to share and reflect about us and the system(s) we’re in. Acknowledging them and talking about them fearlessly can liberate them from their confines and make it possible to maximize the strengths in the individual or system.
- Embrace the Power of “And”
- It is easy to see only two options, thus limiting ourselves to this OR that. The spirit of this principle is to ask, “Why not both?”, “What if?”, and “What else?”. It is in these questions that the client’s creative vision can find life and open new doors.
- Active Seeing
- There is power in seeing and being seen. To this end I vulnerably bring my whole self to my coach session. My intention is to make it possible for the client to bring their whole self and in so doing reach new possibilities within.
Corporations and their employees are at the beginning of a culture shift from profit to purpose. As companies, teams, and individuals begin to make this transition, they are often faced with unspoken barriers. These barriers are usually known or sensed and are often called the elephant in the room. Those elephants remove a sense of psychological safety in working environments.
At Liberated Elephant, our vision is that all Elephants can be acknowledged and transformed. That all work environments can be made psychologically safe. That all employees can be fully engaged and creatively solve difficult problems.
In line with this vision, Liberated Elephant offers the following services designed to align with client goals:
- Agile implementations and transformations
- Individual, Team, Leadership and Executive coaching
- Intentional culture design and implementation
- Team Building and culture change
- Facilitation and Training
Other services that can be provided independently or in conjunction with the above:
- Agile and Scrum training
- True Colors Personality assessment and training
Coaching is a partnership. It’s a relationship which allows an individual, team, or organization to move towards their goals in alignment with who they are and where they want to go. As a coach, Jessica provides the questions, homework, and space to help her clients find their own results. She can be a sounding board and thought partner or a quiet listener to a client sorting out his or her own problem. Coaching also provides a safe space for a client to bring his or her whole self to Jessica without fear of judgement or shaming.